Feeling Anxiety is a common feature in most human beings. There is nothing abnormal in it, but if a person is very often subjected to anxieties due to simple and trivial reasons then it must be checked otherwise it may lead to serious disorders like depression creating many problems in later stages of life.
Some simple herbal treatments
Instead of getting addicted to sedatives and other drugs in order to get rid of anxiety, some herbs have magical spells in alleviating anxiety because herbs contain the essential chemical constituents that affect the functions of the brain and heart. Most of these herbal therapies have very few side effects and are quite cheap compared to the drugs sold over the counter. Some of the best herbal therapies in treating anxiety can be summarized as follows:
1. Kava kava is well known to lift one’s spirits and so its roots were used to prepare drinks since ancient times. It also reduces stress and anxiety within one week of its use. Even women suffering from post-menopause depression have found good results after using kava.
2. Ginseng has many beneficial factors but it is most popular in the treatment of anxiety. It helps to maintain emotional balance and produces a relaxing effect on the nerves reducing tiredness and fatigue.
3. Valerian root is generally applied as a sedative. But it has also yielded good results in reducing stress, anxiety levels, agitation and other mental disturbances. It is also advantageous to the fact that it helps to fall sleep in less time and promotes sound sleep in spite of a disturbed mind.
4. Catnip is a mint type of herb that reduces nervousness, sleeplessness and so is widely used as an anti anxiety medicine. It has been used as a sedative through ages but studies showed that it can also reduce migraine.
5. St John’s wort has been popular for its anti-depressant qualities for ages and so it is widely used as medications to reduce stress and anxiety.
6. Chamomile herbs are the safest in treating anxiety problems. German chamomile and Roman chamomile are the most commonly used herbs. They have some chemical constituents that relax the brain and have a soothing effect on the nerves.
From the above studies, the main benefits of herbal treatments is that they are nontoxic and being natural does not lead to any sort of addiction. Apart from treatments herbs develops the resistance to fight against any disorder.
Find information on Ashwagandha’s Benefits to reduce stress and anxiety. Read Brahmi Supplement Benefits to improve memory and concentration. Find information on Shilajit Capsules Benefits to increase libido and sperm count.
This information is brought to you by Dr. XiPing Zhou, M.D.O.M., L.Ac.Dr. Zhou is founder & president of East West Healing Arts Institute Massage School, Dr. Zhou’s Acupuncture & Pain Management Clinic,Madison Family Wellness Community Clinic, The Herbal Palace, &China Delight Tours. Visit anyone of these websites to learn about Chinese medicine and culture
by Nick Mutt